We, Tarn Moor Estate, a registered charity, are a Data Controller for the purposes of data protection legislation.
We may collect information from you and hold your personal data in order to:
- communicate with you about the services we offer or about services you offer to us
- produce publicity material
- publicise your activities on our website
- administer your agreements with us for burial ground services
- administer your applications for grants and funding support.
The information we hold may include names, addresses and contact details.
We will not share your personal information with anyone else outside the charity (which is understood to mean members, staff, volunteer staff and agents working on our behalf), except as required to do so by law.
If you would like to see a copy of the information we hold and share about you, then please contact the clerk on email@example.com
If you have any questions about how we use your data, or if you would like to change any of the information we hold about you, please contact the clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve this Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to this Site.
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your browser follow these instructions:
- Firefox: Open the Edit menu and choose Preferences. In the Advanced category, choose Cookies. Click the radio button Disable all cookies.
- Google Chrome: Click the Settings menu on the browser toolbar. Select Settings. Click Show advanced settings. In the privacy section click the Content settings button and adjust the cookie settings.
- Apple Safari: Choose Safari > Preferences then click Privacy and adjust settings as required.
- Internet Explorer: Open the Tools menu and click Internet Options. Choose the Privacy tab and move the slider to high level of privacy. Click on the Default button if you do not see the slider.
- Other browsers: Refer to the relevant help menu looking under cookies, privacy or security.
If you wish us to remove your details from our marketing database at any time please email us.